We want to ensure everyone has a good time when attending our classes, dances or workshops, so here are some ground rules.
- We want to maintain a safe, welcoming environment for people to dance, enjoy the music, and hang out with friends both old and new. Anyone who wishes to join us in this is very welcome.
- Please be friendly to all humans, regardless of age, race, gender expression, sexuality, or ability. This includes being respectful in your language and in your physical contact with others.
- Please respect the bodies of your partner, other dancers, and your own. We are happy to help if you’re having trouble bumping into others or if anything feels uncomfortable.
- We want you to feel happy asking anyone to dance, and saying yes to whoever you like. However, please don’t feel obliged to dance - it’s ok to say no, and to accept that no.
- Giving or receiving constructive feedback during classes is great, but please don’t bring this on to the social dance floor. Instead, please come to our teachers for any feedback or requests for aspects you want covering in future lessons.
- If you encounter or witness any issues in the behaviour of other attendees, please bring it to the attention of an organiser. We will then help the person(s) involved to change their behaviour or else ask them to leave